1. Preheat oven to 180° C.
2. In a pot, heat some olive oil & sauté the onions over high heat, the garlic, the carrots, and the artichokes. Add 150ml white wine and cook until the alcohol evaporates.
3. In a fireproof baking pan, place the vegetable and artichoke mix, and add the chicken pieces.
4. Pour over all the cooking sauce, ½ of water (150ml) and stir well, so it covers everything.
5. Roast in the oven for 35’-45’, covered with aluminum foil until chicken is tender.
6. Serve the chicken and the artichokes and sprinkle with lemon zest along with coarsely ground pepper.
• 1 whole chicken ~1,5kg, cut into 6-8 pieces
• 1 COOK at HOME cooking sauce for lemon roast chicken
• 50ml olive oil (~2 tbsp. olive oil)
• 50ml white wine
• 150ml water (~ ½ cup)
• 500g artichoke hearts (fresh or frozen)
• 2 carrots, finely chopped
• 2 onions, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 lemon
• 1 tsp. pepper, coarsely ground
Tip: For even crispier crust, sprinkle over the chicken grated pistachios while cooking, and kefalotyri cheese the last 20 minutes of baking.